ConsultingConsultation on a regular basis to determine project constraints, opportunities, requirements and set outcomes to achieve purpose built building services systems
Site InspectionsEffective building services designs must take into account all existing site constraints and conditions
Plan/Design/ImplementationDetailed involvement in all stages proves vital in achieving effective systems that work in with building architecture, energy efficiencies and end user expectations
- Mechanical Services
- Data Communication and Other ELV Services
- Fire Services
- Section J Compliance Reporting
- Hydraulic Services
- Electrical Services
- Building Modeling
Data Communication and Other ELV Services
- Communication System Room Designs
- UPS and back-up Power Supply System Designs
- Fibre and Copper Data Cabling Reticulation System Designs
- Smoke Detection and Alarm System Designs
- Building Security/Access Control System Designs
- MATV, Public Display and Public Addressing System Designs
- Audio Visual System Designs
- System Integration, Monitoring and Automation Designs
- Energy monitoring and Reporting System Designs
Section J Compliance Reporting
With an increased focus on energy efficiencies and greener buildings, Section J of the National construction Code (NCC) provides strict mandatory requirements to ensure each new or refurbished building performs to minimum prescribed level.
Section J covers the following considerations:
– Building Fabric
– Building sealing
– Air-conditioning and Ventilation Systems
– Artificial Lighting and Power
– Heated Water Supply
– Energy Monitoring
MJA provides assessment of any building project to determine compliance with Section J
Compliance via deemed to satisfy provisions and alternative solutions are part of the capability that MJA brings to any project.
- Maximum demand calculations
- Supply authority liaison
- HV and LV Power reticulation system designs
- Generator systems and Solar PV system designs
- Switchboard designs
- Lighting and Lighting Control system designs
- Exit and Emergency Lighting system designs
- Emergency Evacuation and Building Occupant Warning system designs
- Smoke Detection and Alarm system designs
- Life Safety Systems – Alarms
- Lightning Protection and Surge Protection system designs
- Sustainable Designs
Understanding the energy usage of any building is a valuable tool that all building owners/operators should obtain.
Predicted energy usage of buildings at the design stage is not only valuable in providing information in regards to expected outcomes, but also enables the designer to consider changes to the design to optimise the expected energy usage.
Green initiatives such as NABERS and Greenstar benefit from information gained from modelling energy usage. In many cases a building energy model is mandatory. This process is often undertaken in consultation with the building design team.
MJA provide the service and skills to model building designs to ascertain the best building form,orientation, fabric and systems to ensure that the best building outcome is achieved.